Sunday, August 24, 2014

Deco Art Mixed Media Products Part 1

Last week I promised to begin a new series of posts using the new Deco Art Mixed Media Products and I am happy to report that they lived up to my expectations.  In fact I would put the Media Fluid Acrylics on the same par as Golden Fluid Acrylics, I'm sure that is what Deco Art was planning when they began the process of developing this line and I was impressed with the quality!

I have been patiently, or not so patiently depending on who you might talk to over at Deco Art, waiting for the  Media sprays to come out!  LOL.  I think I called every other week hoping they were coming out sooner rather than later, I wanted to use them in my book Background Magic.  Unfortunately they didn't come out in time so that I could use them in my book but I am happy to report that they lived up to my expectations.  I've used many of the other brands of sprays and loved many of them but really wanted a permanent spray which would not reactivate once dry and the Media Misters did not reactivate and believe me I put them to the test by layering over the top with paint, stamping and Decoupage.  I'm a happy camper and planning to use them on other projects.

I did not add additional Gesso to my canvas to start with instead just began by spraying the ink directly onto my surface and then sprayed clean water to encourage the inks to blend.  I used a primed canvas but adding a layer of Gesso will often change the result of the base layer and I wanted to see how the inks worked in this case.  Next time I will add a layer of Gesso to my canvas to see how the inks react in that situation.  I didn't have a plan for this canvas instead just wanted to let it all come together organically, consequently I used the three primary colored inks and black.  I did use black very sparingly however.

You can see the canvas that I am working on below.  Stop by in the next few days to see the progression of this canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment