Thursday, March 7, 2013

Time for Blogging

Do you ever feel like your life is on the fastrack?  LOL. 

We arrived back home from having had a wonderful time in Vegas then on Saturday started a demolition project for our home remodel that we have been working on.  Naturally we had people coming in to work on Monday of this week.  Seriously what were we thinking so soon after coming home from Vegas?  Crazy, Right?    ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!  So we got a good nights sleep, dug in, literally, and tore out carpet, pad, and tack strips to prepare for the carpet installation in the master bedroom and basement hallway.  Fortunately we have a spare bedroom and moved into it for the time being and Monday the carpet was installed and Monday evening we moved back into the master bedroom.  PHEW!!!!  It felt good to sleep in our own bed.  Now we are in the process of the next demo phase preparing for the hardwood floor installation and later on this month for tile.  I have a new appreciation for anyone who lives in their home while they undergo a full remodel.   We actually built this house 20 years ago and really felt that we had to recover from that experience and will certainly feel the same way when we have finish the remodel and most of it is just cosmetic.  I can't imagine how we would have felt had we been tearing out walls.  LOL.   It will be great once we are finished and will have updated and replaced much of what was worn out after 20 years. 

Needless to say my blogging and painting has taken a backseat, but I did have time to fit some painting in this week.  I'm just about ready to post Step 3 in the Easter Jump for Joy canvases.  I'm also working on a new pattern that should be ready to go sometime this spring for a mixed media clock which I am loving.  Hopefully I will have a couple new posts later on this weekend to share the next example of Easter Jump for Joy canvases. 

I hope you are finding these posts interesting because I love to think outside the box, if any of you have been a follower of mine you know that I posted a couple years ago about what else you could do with some of my patterns.  This series of blog posts is similiar, I am trying to show other creative ways to use a pattern.  I'm sure you could come up with some fantastic ideas as well and would love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment