Saturday, January 14, 2017

Altered Book/Journal Part 3

Now for the fun part or should I say my favorite part.  It's all actually fun or why would I be altering this book.  LOL.  Choose your stencils.  You can see a few of the stencils that I chose to use for this project.

If you look carefully you can see how I layered the stencils using random paint colors.  Layering stencils adds the impression of depth to a project.  It is one of my favorite background techniques to use on any project.  

If you take a look at the patterns on my website under the Pattern menu category, you will see how I add stenciled backgrounds.  The instructions for the finished journal in Part 1 of this series was completed for my e-book called Background Magic and provides projects all the seasons of the year.  You can find the e-book in a variety of categories under the Pattern menu.  The main focus of Background Magic is to learn to use stencils in your backgrounds to develop depth.  


How are you doing with your book?  Do you like to use stencils?  Are you like me and have too many stencils?  Leave me a comment.  Blogging can be a lonely occupation.  LOL.  


No comments:

Post a Comment