Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tin Tooled Poinsettia Part 4


After you have finished tin tooling it is time to add color.  I used alcohol inks to color this project using a variety of colors depending on the color variations that I wanted on the piece.  Experiment with a variety of brands and colors to find something that works for you.  Adirondack Blending Solution is an interesting product to use to achieve creative results in addition to your alcohol inks.  I dropped the Blending Solution onto my colored petals and it dispersed the color to add an interesting effect.  Use shades of red, orange, and yellow for the flower petals and shades of green for the leaves.  If you prefer you can always color the petals with colored permanent markers, I have found that over time the permanent markers may eventually fade depending on the amount of sunlight they are exposed to.  Colored tin is another option. 



No comments:

Post a Comment