Friday, August 16, 2013

Mixed Media Halloween Canvas Part 1

My goal in the past few posts was to share a tutorial hoping to spark your creativity to come up with ideas to display your Jump for Joy Characters. I suggested using a wood 12" clothespin and developed a Mixed Media Display piece using paint, patterned paper, and stamping materials.  I thought it was darling.  What if you wanted another option using a different surface?  How about a canvas?  You could actually use any size that you want, I chose a long narrow gallery wrapped canvas and designed it so that it would sit on its side or end, it could easily sit on end similar to the clothespin.  Using a canvas is such a versatile option, easily accessibly, and easy to store.  Not to mention super easy to prep!!!  No Prep!!!  What a plus.....

I chose a number of Halloween themed papers and using Deco Art Decou-Page glued the papers down in a random manner to the front and sides of the canvas.  I am a huge proponent of the Deco Art Decou-Page product, it is exceptional and no, I don't work for the company.  LOL! 

Next I chose to add a vintage musical score that I had found at my local second hand store and cut out just a small portion of it.  You can find these for next to nothing and the paper already has that vintage aged color which looks fantastic. 

 
 
HMMMM?????  What are your thoughts?  I'd love to hear them, this is always such a one sided conversation.  (Giggles and Grins!) Of course it allows me to be the star of the show.  LOL.  

1 comment:

  1. Now I want to see the characters on it! ;)
    Hugs,
    Minerva, aka CC

    ReplyDelete