Monday, May 27, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas Prep Part 1

I finally had time to sit down this morning to start the canvas background that I have planned for the Jump For Joy stamp.  I recently went shopping at some of my local second hand stores and found some darling sheet music that I have been saving for just the right project.  I used one piece on my Froggy Went a Courtin' Pattern and used a page on this canvas.  I used Deco Arts Decou-page which I have blogged about before and I love it!!!  I cut the sheet music apart so that I could randomly attach it to this canvas.  I used a 6"X6" deep edge canvas which will be a perfect size for the image that will be painted on this. 
 
Next it was time to paint the background.  I wanted this to be a random paint application and used three paint colors.  You can see the paint that I used in the photo below and how I loaded my brush to apply the paint.  I used a slip slap brush technique and blended the paint back and forth across the music papers allowing some of the paint to be more transparent so we could see the sheet music and other areas to be more opaque. 
 


I then decided that I wanted to use some Washi tape on the piece to add further layers and dimension.  The Washi Tape that I used is available from We R Memory Keepers. 



 
What do you think?  Are you going to paint with me?  Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.  



4 comments:

  1. glad you fixed the link. You are doing an awesome job! I need to get to work on some canvases too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, nice to meet you and thank you for your nice comment. I love doing mixed media canvases. So freeing. Don't you agree?

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it! My favorite is mixed media. Can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! My favorite too. I'm going to post the second in the series tomorrow.

      Delete