Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jacquard Paints Lumiere and Neopaque




I just started another mixed media canvas this afternoon and every time I work on one of these it just makes me happy.  The freedom that I feel when working on a canvas gives me great joy.  I've incorporated my Washi Tape made using my Gelli Arts Printing Plate that I blogged about earlier, Prima Marketing Washi Tape, cardstock, scrapbooking paper, Stamp Washi Tape from 7 Gypsies Journey, a variety of Crafter's Workshop stencils,  and used Jacquard Lumiere and Neopaque paints.  I used Pearl Turquoise #571, Halo Blue Gold #556, Pearl Blue #570, and Halo Pink Gold #555 in the Lumiere line.  I also used Neopaque White, Blue and Turquoise.  I used a 3/4" brush to slip slap the paint onto the canvas in a random manner and using my finger randomly blended the Lumiere Metallics onto the canvas.  Used Americana DecouPage to attach all of the pieces to the canvas.  

I am very fond of these paints, they are absolutely luminous and the metallic paints are some of the best that I have ever used.  You could easily substitute different paint brands and paint colors, in fact I'm sure that Deco Art Americana has paint colors that would work beautifully.  Once I have started working on the foreground of this canvas I will post my progress as I go.  

I'd love to hear what you think of these mixed media canvases.  




No comments:

Post a Comment