Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Printing Washi Tape using Jacquard Neopaque and Lumiere Paints

Good Morning and Happy 2013!  I wish you a Happy and Productive New Year.  My new year is starting out well, I've signed up for a year long online class called Life Book and I watched my first video and have started my first class project.  I'm excited to be participating. 


I have to say that I recently watched a You Tube Video by the Journal Junkie http://feliciathejournaljunkie.blogspot.com/ printing "Washi Tape" with the Gelli Arts Gell Printing Plate and was inspired.  I decided to give it a try using my Jacquard Neopaque Paints and loved the result.  I printed these using similar techniques described in the video and there are a few things that I would do differently next time, I placed my masking tape on paper to print it and I would instead place it on a plastic sheet because by the time I took my tape off of the paper some of it had adhered to the paper.  I'm sure that I have enough to use for a while however.  LOL  Here is a photo of the tapes that I printed. 

 
I then decided that I wanted to use some of it on a canvas and chose to use the red tape. 
 
 
Love it!!!!  The tapes were easy to make and are gorgeous and what a great use of my Gelli Arts Printing Plate.  Once I use these up I will do this again and it was certainly more economical that using purchased Washi Tape.  I wonder do they make white masking tape?  White would make a really gorgeous tape as well.  Anyone know? 


No comments:

Post a Comment