Thursday, July 11, 2013

Journaling?

I love this term because it makes playing in your sketchbook sound so official!!!  LOL.  Seriously I love the term, it kind of reminds me of when Zentangle started to take off and is such a phenomenon and I thought, "I didn't realize that my doodling could have made me money.  Why didn't I think of that?"  It is a brilliant concept and I applaud anyone who has the vision to take an ordinary activity and make it amazing, and that is what has happened with Zentangle.  Who would have thought that Journaling would take off like it has?  Again, that is amazing to me and I again wondered why I didn't think of that.  Maybe I could have quit my day job, most likely not.  So instead I'll just enjoy the activity, that sounds easier and more productive than bemoaning my uninspired fate. 

In my last blog post I showed you a journal page that I had worked on using my Copic markers. I thought that today I would share with you a page that I did using just black and white.  I don't think that I will add color to this one, I think that at times black and white is very powerful and I like the way that this turned out.  I'm fascinated by lettering and using lettering in my designs.  I've had limited exposure to the art of lettering and really would like to expand my skill, I'm currently looking into different options to do just that. 

Who knows where this new interest will take me?  Maybe I'll become inspired to capitalize on some activity that I've taken for granted all these years and write a book, in my spare time of course.  Most likely won't happen so instead I'll just use all of you as my sounding board.  Thanks for the opportunity. 

  Thoughts?  I love getting comments.  They make my day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment