Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poinsettia Mixed Media Canvas

Well it has been a crazy week, we are in the midst of a home remodel and managed to get the new counter tops and sinks back into the kitchen and bathrooms.  We were without a kitchen and bathrooms for a few days but are back in business now.  Needless to say I have not had any time to work on the Easter Jump for Joy canvases.   I had hoped to have another blog post ready to go for you.....  Oh Well.  LOL.  Life sometimes gets in the way. 

I will be gone to Vegas for the Creative Painting Show this next week.  WaaHoo!!!!  I'm looking forward to nice weather and a week of fun in Vegas as well as attending the show.  I will see how things go and may blog out anything that is new and noteworthy at the show, but if you don't hear from me you will know why.  I'm going to be busy taking classes and playing.  Fun!!!!

I did think that I would share a new mixed media canvas that I just finished that I think is gorgeous.  I used a variety of surfaces on the background including stencils, Dylusions stencils to be exact, scrapbooking paper, Washi Tape, and some pretty cool rubons.  The foreground Poinsettias are completed with Tooling Tin, I tooled each individual petal and then glued them onto the canvas to form the flowers.  For those of you who enjoy working with metals this might be a good project for you to try.  If you have been following my series on Tin Tooling I think you might enjoy seeing this piece.  I think it is spectacular and wonder what you all think? 

Have a great week and I will try to post at least one blog post during the show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment