Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What to do with Gelli Prints?


Here's a question for all of you.....  What to do with these gel prints?  I love these and have done some doodling on them with the addition of a small amount of journaling.  I have used them as backgrounds for my art journal, backgrounds for cards, backgrounds for paintings, and in my Decorative Painting which is one of my favorite uses.  I've also collaged them onto other mixed media pieces.  There are countless ways to use these prints and if you tune in to a new online E-Zine called the Pixelated Palette you will see two different articles that are coming in the near future showing how to use your Gelli Plate to make your Christmas Cards.  HMMMM!!!!  Have I sparked your interest?  Are you a subscriber?  I am and the cost is extremely reasonable.  

Here is another rendition of a print similar to the one shown above.  I love how random these are.   These were all printed during the same printing session and I used the same selection of paint colors on these but you can see how different the textures all appear depending on how I positioned my paper as well as how I added the texture with my finger.  

Do you use a Gelli Plate?  I'd love to hear how you use your printed pieces!  Any new ideas?  






No comments:

Post a Comment