Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to Display Your Jump for Joy Characters Part 4 adding in the Mixed Media Element

I recently purchased stamps that I felt would be great for mixed media, Tim Holtz has a set from Stampers Anonymous called Ultimate Grunge and Dyan Reavely has a Dylusions set called Bits and Bats.  I thought both of these would be perfect for this project.  I stamped the web from the Dylusions set using Ranger Archival Ink in permanent black onto a couple of locations on the front and also the checked stamp from Tim Holtz using the same ink.  Because this is a permanent ink you can feel safe to use it with your paints and will not run if you choose to varnish.  You wouldn't have to use the stamps if you didn't want to, you could easily either paint a spider web or stencil one onto the piece and could also use a stencil to add the checkerboard but as I've already established I like to occasionally use "easy" for my painting technique and love the way this looks.  Mixed media is all about using the techniques and materials that work well for you.

I like thinking outside the box and coming up with new creative ways to use existing projects and hope this gives you some great ideas for displaying your characters. 

What do you think?  Stop by tomorrow and see the characters added onto the clothespin.

No comments:

Post a Comment