Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Travel Mixed Media Piece

I recently watched Christy Tomlinson on You Tube designing a mixed media piece with a Tim Holtz shadow box and loved the idea!  I so wanted to do one but was waiting for the right inspiration, fortunately for my friend, who this is going to be a gift for.  SHHHHH!!!!  Don't tell her.  She has young children and doesn't get to travel as much as she would like to so...... I designed this piece as travel inspiration for her and opted to use the shadow box idea.


 Christy Tomlinson turned the boxes around so they faced the opposite direction and could be used as a canvas which I thought was an intriguing idea.  I did glue the boxes in though so she would not have to worry about the boxes falling out.  I used acrylic paint, stamping, scrap-booking paper, and a metal word which I stained with Alcohol Inks.  

I think she will like the gift and I certainly enjoyed the process and I hope she keeps this as her travel good luck charm to keep her in the travel frame of mind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment