Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Printing Using My Gelli Arts Printing Plate and Jacquard Paints Part Two

Hello Again!  I'm back sharing some of my prints using my Gelli Arts Printing Plate.  I'm still not 100% happy with these and am sure that as I use the plate more often I will become more comfortable with it, but then I am comparing my prints to Joan's prints who is the owner of the Gelli Arts Company.  That is a hard act to follow, she is amazing.  I've tried a variety of paints on the plate and like some better than others.  The Jacquard paints worked really well and especially well on the Washi Tape as it is a luminous flexible paint, my Deco Art Americana Paint worked well, I also tried my Traditions Paint on the plate and the prints turned out well but the paint stained my printing plate.  Be aware of that, it doesn't bother me that the plate is slightly stained but it might bother you.  Next I'm going to try using my JoSonja paints and see how they do. 

This is a print that I used my Traditions paints on with a number of different stencils to form the texture and then sprayed the background with my Dylusions Ink Sprays. 
This was printed using Deco Art Americana Paints and added a touch of Glitter Paint to the print, then wiped off using my Catalyst tools.  I like this one and think that this can be used somewhere as perhaps a background paper.  Not sure but will wait and see where it ends up. 

I'm curious as to your thoughts or what are you doing with your plate that is fun and exciting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment