Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life Book 2013

I've mentioned in previous posts that I have began taking online Art Classes this past year and LOVED them.  I loved the convenience of being able to watch the classes whenever I have time and can rewatch as I need to revisit techniques.  What a marvelous invention that has allowed so many of us that live in rural areas access to amazing teachers and classes that I might never have had the chance to attend.  I'm still in process of watching my classes from Christy Tomlinson but the beauty of them is that I have access to them for a year so I have plenty of time.  Now just to make sure that I can watch each class before I am cramming them in at the end of my year time frame.  LOL. 

Because I am so enamoured of these online classes I decided to take the plunge and do a year long art/creativity class from Tamara Laporte called Life Book.  http://www.willowing.org/life-book-2013/   It is a year long mixed media class where we will learn new techniques and reflect on our art journey.  I was torn because I still had not finished or even started a few of the classes that I had already signed up for but decided to take the plunge and go for it anyway. 

We began our journey this week and so far it has been fantastic.  I've only completed one of the projects for this week but have loved the process so far.  I think that the best thing about the class for me has been connecting with artists around the globe who have similiar interests and sharing our projects.  What a great opportunity to be able to see how other artists have interpreted the same set of instructions.  I'm sharing my first project which was completed using 140lb cold pressed watercolor paper and using Tim Holtz distress inks for the background, Faber Castell WC Pencils for the angel, Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens, and a variety of rubons for the background.  What fun it has been. 

If you are interested take a look at the class, there is still time to join and I assure you that you will love the process as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment