Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Art Journal #2


This page spread is more involved than the previous page was. I began with a small amount of white and grey paint stenciled onto the paper and wondered if I should have used gesso first.   


I recently purchased some of the Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers and really wanted to try them out on this page and began using the blues and greens and water to move the pigment around on the paper.  I loved the look of this but unfortunately the pigment was bleeding through onto the page from the last post and I wasn't thrilled with that.  Needless to say I kind of kicked myself for not adding gesso to begin with. When I added the gesso I wasn't thrill with the look.  So I started over from square one but I definitely learned something with this process.  



I added more Mermaid marker colors, paint, and some stencil.  


Added more paint and wished that I had left it the way it was to begin with.  LOL.   When in doubt you can always add lettering to enhance the look and got out some more of my hand cut stamps and stamped the images you see below.  The lettering seemed to disappear into the background, I used my acrylic markers to block out areas around the lettering which seemed to help.  Again this art journal allowed me to solve numerous problems.  Not necessarily the composition I was going for but definitely a learning experience.  


See you in the next Art Journal post to see another page in my art journal journey.   Are you working with me?  Can't wait to see what you are doing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment