Saturday, February 28, 2015

Planner Inside Pages and Illustrated Calendar


On one of my shopping expeditions I found these adorable die cuts by Jillybean Soup and decided to doodle on them and they turned out so cute that I chose to add them to my planner dividers.  I think they were a great addition.  I colored them with Gel Pens, Acrylic Markers, and Tombow Markers, cut each die cut in half and glued them onto the pages.  So fun and such a great project to work on in the evenings when I am watching TV.  You can see the one above and the one below.  The light reflects a bit on the surface but I think you can get the idea. 



This divider is a Mary Engelbreit Card which my daughter and her husband gave me for Valentines Day.  I loved it and thought that it would be great added to my planner so I cut it down, added Washi Tape and inserted it front and center.  I also did the card which my husband gave me but haven't inserted it into the planner yet.  What a great way to re-purpose expensive cards. 
Originally I wasn't planning to add a calendar, I have a calendar which I keep in my purse and of course always have my phone on me.  In the past I have done calendars which I have illustrated and used in my planner, I did that last year in a Moleskine planner which I did with the Documented Life Project.  I thought about ordering a calendar to use in the planner but being a DIY kind of person decided to make my own again this year.  This is the August version.  It has changed slightly as I opted to paint around the edges using my Tombow Markers.  I'm currently working on October, which I love and will share that one when I get it finished. 

I think this is going to be a great planner which I can use as I see fit and add new pages as I use it more and more.  If you like the idea of doing a Life Planner but can't seem to keep up with the daily habit think about something which will suit your purpose more and this seems to work for me. 
How about some comments????  Do you use a planner????

No comments:

Post a Comment