Monday, July 2, 2012

Copic Demonstration

 Good Morning,

I seem to be on a Copic theme these days, don't worry I am still painting like crazy trying to get ready for my patterns to be at HOOT in August.  But what a fun way to spend my time when I'm not painting.  I'm going to share with you a few other stamped images that I have colored using my Copic Markers that were fun to color and used a technique that you can actually find on the Stampavie Blog that is excellent and I'm providing you the link.  http://www.stampavie.com/dt/2009/02/28/sarah-kay-coloring-tutorial-limited-copic-markers  I used this technique to color the hats and hair on this stamp.  The tutorial is excellent and shows step by step how to achieve the subtle shaded areas.  There are so many great tutorials out there on the web that you just need to do a Google search of Copic Tutorials and you will find a wealth of videos and blog posts about using these great markers.  Give it a try and get started using Copic Markers.  The markers are expensive but worth the extra cost in my opinion but you don't have to shell out a lot of money to learn the techniques as there is a wealth of educational material on the web and that is all free.  The stamps that I colored are Sarah Kay Designs stamp and is available at http://www.stampavie.com/
As you can see I've used a variety of marker colors and as I've stated in the past I do not always use the marker colors in the way that Copic has set up and I don't think that you have you.  Be as creative with these markers as you are with your other art media that you use.
Here is the same stamp only with a different color combination.

I love the color that I used on the boy's pants, I think that it isn't necessarily traditional but is certainly a color combination that I would have used if I had been painting.  Keep in mind that using Copic Markers is similiar to painting in that you can work light to dark and achieve great results very quickly. 
And the last color combination.  I'm not sure that I ever finished coloring the boy but you can see all of the combinations that I chose to experiment with. 

I'd love to hear about your Copic experiences or any other markers that you've tried and felt successful with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment